What we do internationally
We work to support, promote, and raise the profile of Danish literature internationally by supporting the Danish presence at international literary and cultural events and projects in Denmark and abroad.
Subscribe: News from Danish literature abroad
- Participating in various international book fairs and visiting publishing houses abroad to promote Danish literature abroad.
- Coordinating the literary part of official Danish cultural projects abroad.
- Organising fellowships and visitor programmes for international translators, publishers, festival leaders etc.
The Danish Arts Foundation's Committee for Literary Project Funding runs a number of international funding programmes. These funding programmes are intended for publishers, translators, foreign institutions and authors seeking funding for promotion, trips or translation of works in connection with specific literary projects.
We fund the following areas:
- Grants for publishers/institutions to support translation and production of Danish books.
- Grants for publishers/agencies for sample translations of Danish books.
- Grants for festivals and events, the purpose of which is to promote Danish literature, authors and illustrators.
- Network support for translator networks.
- Mentor support for translators.
- Research travel for foreign translators, agents and publishers.
- Other literary events and initiatives
Find translations of Danish books
Every six months, we prepare a list of recently sold Danish rights, which have been sold abroad.
Books from Denmark
‘Books from Denmark’ gives you an overview of selected Danish titles from Spring 2019 to Spring 2022 picked by the Danish Arts Foundation, which are intended for the international book market.
News from Danish Literature Abroad
If you would like to be kept up-to-date about ‘Books from Denmark’ and receive short news about Danish literature abroad, you can register in our news list.
Apply for grants
Find our funding programmes and read about how you apply for grants