Who may apply?
Professionals active in the performing arts.
Names of applicants to The Committee for Performing Arts Project Funding will be published in the report from the assessment meeting on the homepage, www.kunst.dk.
If your work includes different disciplines or areas of artistic expression, you can find more information on how to apply here.
Purpose of the program
The Committee for Performing Arts Project Funding seeks to develop and promote Danish performing arts through interaction with the international performing arts scene. We achieve this by supporting:
Activities in Denmark
- International guest performances
- Networking and research (including international guest participation at performances in DK)
- International artist residencies in Denmark
- Touring activities
- Networking and research (including participation in workshops as a speaker) for the purpose of international collaborations such as co-productions
- Career development (for e.g. residencies, artistically enriching travel assignments etc.
NB! Grants for festivals with international contant can be applied for once annually, deadline 1 November.
How your application will be evaluated?
In considering your application, emphasis is placed on:
- Performing arts of the highest artistic quality
- Applications that involve a whole season/a full year of combined international activity
- Activities that aim directly at furthering the applicant's development
- Guest performances/touring activities that involve performances and/or related activities (e.g. networking, workshops/masters classes, research etc.)
- Activities based on documented mutual interest regarding respurces and sustainable future collaborations
- Activities where knowledg-sharing is envisaged in a Danish performing arts context
Funding is not granted to educational purposes for individuals.
The assessment of artistic quality emphasizes:
- Strong and original artistic intentions – rich in content and clearly expressed artistic vision
- clear deliberations on the interplay between form and content
- the ability to modify content in favour of precisely shaped artistic expression
- the ability and commitment to exploring the full expression of the dramatic arts
- a clear focus on audience profile
The Committee for Performing Arts Project Funding reserves the right to balance grant decisions in terms of:
- age diversity (adults, youth and children target groups)
- genre diversity
- geographical diversity
Details of previous grant awards to the applicant, in 3 year retrospect, from Danish Arts Foundation (from 2014 onwards) or from the Danish Arts Council (before 2014), will form part of the assessment of the application.
Who will evaluate your application?
The Committee for Performing Arts Project Funding makes an assessment of the support required for each individual project.
How much you may apply for?
With regard to the different project types, the following expenditure is prioritized:
- International guest performances in Denmark - accommodation and domestic transport costs
- International touring activity - travel and transport costs
- Networking activities - travel and accommodation costs up DKK 15.000
- International guests to Danish performances, up to DKK 2.000 per guest
- Artist residencies - travel and accommodation costs, and for residencies of over three weeks duration - per diem and/or honorariums (up to DKK 10.000 per month), in so far as the applicant does not already receive administrative support
What the application must contain?
The following specific information must be entered directly into the application form:
- short project description
- links to relevant details (e.g. festivals, residencies or collaboration partners). NB! The applicant is responsible for ensuring that all links are active
The following attachments must accompany the application:
- Documentation of agreement with foreign partner (i.e possible contract, letter of invitation, e-mail correspondance etc.)
- Budget (budget template)
- CVs of all key participants (max. 1 page per person)
- Banking information sheet when non-Danish bank account:
(banking information template for countries with IBAN or
banking information template for countries without IBAN)
No other materials should be submitted with the application. Materials other than the above mentioned will not be considered as part of the application. Supplements which do not contain the required information will not be considered.
All attached files must be in the follwing formats: pdf, jpeg, doc/docx (Word), xls/xlsx (Excel).
Files submitted in other formats will not be considered as part of the application.The Committee for Performing Arts Project Funding will assess all correctly submitted applications.
The Committee for Performing Arts Project Funding provides support for professional performing arts activities in accordance with the Performing Arts Act Chpt. 8, Sec 18.
Once you have submitted the application
When you have submitted your electronic application form, you will receive an automated email receipt with a copy of the application attached.
You will be notified of the Committee's decision within 8 weeks of date on which the application was submitted. During this eight week period, all applications are prepared for, distributed to and assessed by Committee members.
If one or more of the Committee members declare themselves ineligible to assess the application due to a conflict of interest, this will be noted in the letter containing the decision, and The Danish Arts Foundation's Board of Directors will be notified.
When all elements appertaining to the application deadline have been processed, the full list of grant recipients are published at www.kunst.dk/tildelinger.
Reporting and accounts
A final reports and accounts need to be submitted for all project grants. Read more about the reporting requirements here.
Application form as PDF?
On this site made all submitted electronically, but many people benefit from print a PDF to orient themselves in the requirements before they reach the completion of the actual application. But remember that you can not complete the form by hand and return it physical or analogy.