Who may apply?
- Danish musicians and composers for visits, travel grants, and residencies abroad.
- Musicians and composers outside Denmark for visits to Denmark with a Danish host.
Danish professional musicians and composers may apply for grants for development and networking activities or residencies or visits abroad lasting at least two 2 weeks. A visit may contain such activities as creative composition work, master classes, workshops, clinics, artist talks, co-writing sessions and production collaborations.
Activities in Denmark
Danish institutions and professionals on the Danish music scene may apply for grants to act as host for foreign musicians and composers for a period lasting between 2 weeks and 3 months. For example, the artist invited may participate in such activities as creative composition work, teaching, guest lectures, workshops, master classes, clinics, artist talks, co-writing sessions and production collaborations, etc.
Who may not apply?
- Foreign musicians and composers may not themselves apply
- Musicians and composers who have not completed their education
Names of applicants to the Danish Arts Foundation will be made public on the homepage of the Danish Arts Foundation, www.kunst.dk.
Purpose of the program
The programme has the overall purpose of promoting and developing Danish music through dialogue with the international music and artistic scene. This may occur through:
Activities abroad that help to develop the individual musician or composer professionally and to promote the construction of personal networks and international familiarity with Danish music.
Activities in Denmark in which Danish professionals, institutions, organizations etc. act as hosts for foreign musicians and composers whose visit will help develop the Danish music scene.
How your application will be evaluated?
The committee will assess in its prioritisation, first and foremost, the artistic quality of the application. The committee will place particular emphasis in its assessment of artistic quality on:
- mastery of form and expression
- originality and innovation
- vision and ambition
With respect to activities and visits abroad and in Denmark, the following criteria apply:
· that the duration of the visit is at least 2 weeks
· that a comprehensive programme for the visit is described
· the committee places emphasis on dialogue and exchange with the local or international music milieu
With respect to visits in Denmark, the following criteria and obligations for the host apply:
· that the host works professionally and is responsible for the resident with respect to living quarters and practical problems.
· that the host provides a comprehensive programme for the resident and creates contact between the visiting professional musician or composer and a number of interested professionals in the Danish music and artistic scene.
· that the visit creates networks and promotes the internationalisation of the Danish music and artistic scene.
Who will evaluate your application?
The Danish Arts Foundation Committee for Music Project Funding will evaluate the applications.
How much you may apply for?
Grants are provided only for:
- Accommodation and residency expenses up to DKK 15,000 per month
- Travel expenses to and from Denmark (economy class)
- Administration fees of DKK 2,000 per month for the Danish host
What the application must contain?
We recommend that you familiarise yourself with the electronic application form and have the necessary information and documents/files ready before you begin the application process.
The following information must be included in the application form:
- Short description of the project
The following appendices must be attached to the application:
- Template for obligatory attachments
The obligatory attachments must be filled out completely, cf. the following points:
· Detailed project description
· Programme for activities or visit
· CV(s) of the participant(s)
No additional materials will be considered in the evaluation of the application.
Applications that do not contain the required information will not be processed
Go to the Danish application form. Please contact us for application form in English.