Who may apply?
International museums, art galleries, biennials, private galleries, small exhibitions and international curators who wish to exhibit Danish contemporary art.
Please note the following:
Purpose of the program
The Danish Arts Foundation wishes to promote the visibility of Danish contemporary art in the international art scene by supporting:
- TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION. Support for Danish contemporary artists' travel and accommodation for the exhibition of their works outside Denmark.
- TRANSPORT OF WORKS AND INSURANCE. Support for transport and insurance of Danish contemporary artists’ works for the exhibition of their works outside Denmark.
Only limited support is provided for publications.
How your application will be evaluated?
The Committee for Visual Arts Project Funding handles applications according to the following criteria:
- The proposed project is of high artistic quality and has a high professional level
- The proposed project is part of a context of a high professional level
- The proposed project is accessible to the public
- The proposed project builds international networks
No support is provided for
- Daily allowances
- Assistants’ travel and residence (as a rule)
- Travel and accommodation in connection with exhibitions in galleries that the artist is permanently attached to
- Local transport
- Exhibitions which began before the application deadline
Agency for Culture and Palaces will make the applicant's history (previous applications) available to the Committee in connection with the processing of the application.
Who will evaluate your application?
The Danish Art Foundation's Committee for Visual Arts Project Funding undertakes the professional assessment of the application.
You will receive the committee's decision within 8 weeks after the application deadline.
How much you may apply for?
You can orient yourself about previous grants under 'Who has received a grant'
What the application must contain?
We recommend that you read the application form and have the necessary information and documents ready before you get started. NB! Activities and expenses relating to the same project should be collected together in a single application.
The following documents must be attached with the application form (max. 15 MB):
- Completed project description and budget. Use this mandatory template.
- Exhibition agreement (only required for non-institution applicants)
- CVs for all the artists, curators, presenters, writers, etc. applied funding for, however max 10 pages.
- Group exhibitions: List the names of the Danish artists who will be applying for production funds in relation to the exhibition.
- Sample images. Min. 5 pictures of max 5 A4 pages, which are combined in one pdf.
- Bank information. You must fill in and attach the official form for international bank wire transfer. Find the form below.
Any additional material will not be included in the assessment of the application.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the application is complete. Any missing supporting documentation cannot be supplied later. It will be seen from the receipt mail which supporting documents are attached to the application. If your application is incomplete, a new and complete submission should be made before the deadline.
Application form as PDF?
On this site made all submitted electronically, but many people benefit from print a PDF to orient themselves in the requirements before they reach the completion of the actual application. But remember that you can not complete the form by hand and return it physical or analogy.